cloze test practice set for sbi clerk
Dear aspirants, we are here with cloze test practice set for sbi clerk 2016 exams. we all know English section is how crucial fro selection in banking exams. This are sbi has fixed the sectional time so in other words it’s an opportunity for you guys to score well in English section, You can rethink your answer choice, You can give more time to solve passage etc.
This is our first post on ” cloze test practice set for sbi clerk “
Certainly we will post more cloze test practice set to boost your preparation. so here is the first one:
more cloze test practice set to boost your preparation. so here is the first one:
Directions (Q.1 – 10): Find out the appropriate words for the blanks in the paragraph.
Although John Wisdom’s writings in philosophy show clearly the influence of Wittgenstein, they nevertheless also display a (1) originality. Despite the (2) and difficulty of his style, a careful reading of Wisdom is seldom (3). He is a unique kind of genius in philosophy. This essay is an excellent example of Wisdom’s repeated attempts to (4) the ultimate bases of philosophical perplexity. A great deal of the time Wisdom is (5) interested in finding out why metaphysicians feel (6) to utter such strange sentences. (e.g. “Time is unreal”; “There are no material things”, etc.) According to Wisdom such sentences are both false (and perhaps meaningless) and yet (7). Even more than Wittgenstein, Wisdom has stressed the ‘therapeutic’ conception of philosophy, a view that comes out clearly in this essay where he emphasises the analogy between philosophical and neurotic distress (8) them with other kinds of problems. The reader who is interested in gaining a fuller (9) with Wisdom’s thought is referred to his famous article “Gods” in philosophy and Psycho-analysis. Other Minds is Wisdom’s most (10) discussion of a single topic and in many ways his finest work.
Options for above cloze test practice set for sbi clerk passage :
1. a) concise b) virtual c) marked d) limited e) relative
2. a) individuality b) novelty c) originality d) complexity e) creativity
3. a) unprofitable b) useful c) advantageous d) unreliable e) durable
4. a) jettison b) delimit c) augment d) fortify e) explore
5. a) admirably b) primarily c) advertently d) reluctantly e) happily
6. a) depressed b) confined c) alluded d) compelled e) adapted
7. a) illuminating b) damaging c) confusing d) critical e) unreliable
8. a) compelling b) associating c) contrasting d) describing e) advocating
9. a) Comparison b) analysis c) agreement d) elaboration e) acquaintance
10. a) Projected b) Sustained c) prolonged d) prolific e) attributed
I hope above cloze test practice set for sbi clerk exam 2016 will help you in your sbi exam preparation.
If you liked the post then please appreciate our effort by sharing the post on social media. Use below sharing buttons to share the post, after all, we all know sharing is caring… 🙂
You might be interested in Expected cut off for sbi clerk prelims exam 2016. click to view.