SBI PO 2016 apply online
SBI PO 2016 apply online : Sbi has released the notification for SBI PO vacancy 2016. Every year lakhs of aspirants wait for this recruitment exercise. Reason why? Sbi is number one PSU bank of India and it is multinational organisation. So let’ talk about it.
Sbi po 2016 : Number of vacancy- 2200
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 351
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 231
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 590
- General: 1028
Total : 60
- OH- 20
- VI- 20
- HI- 20
Total Posts: 168
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 47
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 79
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 42
SBI PO 2016 apply online
SBI PO 2016 Important Dates:
Candidates can check the SBI PO Important Dates 2016 given in the table below to help themselves not miss any of the crucial event regarding the recruitment process –
|Online registration of application starts||May 4, 2016|
|Last date for Online registration of sbi po 2016||May 24, 2016|
|Last date for edit of application||May 24, 2016|
|Last Date for print of application||June 8, 2016|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||May 24, 2016|
|Admit Card for sbi Preliminary Exam||June 14, 2016 onwards|
|Online Preliminary Exam Date||July 2, 3, 9, 10, 2016|
|Result of Online Preliminary Exam||July 18, 2016|
|Admit Card for Sbi Main Exam||July 21, 2016 onwards|
|Online Main Exam Date||July 31, 2016|
|Result of Online Main Exam||August 16, 2016|
|Download Call Letter for Interview||August 22, 2016|
|Conduct of Group Discussion & Interview||September 1, 2016|
|Declaration of Final Result||September 30, 2016|
|Download of Call Letters for Pre-Exam Training||June 13, 2016 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||June 20 – June 25, 2016|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2016
Following are the minimum eligibility conditions required to be fulfilled by the aspirant to be eligible to apply:
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or possessing any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The minimum and maximum prescribed age limit is 21 years and 30 years calculated as on 01April 2016. The maximum age limit shall be relaxed for the reserved category candidates as per the reservation norms of the Government of India.
SBI PO 2016 -prelims pattern
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. Each question in the paper would consist of one mark. This test would be of 1-hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
|S. L.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite Time of 1 hour|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
Mains pattern: New pattern introduced
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer.
The Objective Test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 sections for total 200 marks. The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks.
|Test||Name of test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|III||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|IV||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be administered. It will be a Test of English Language judging candidates letter writing as well as essay writing skills. This year descriptive test will also be the computer based examination.
The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
Phase – III: Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
After calculating the aggregate marks of candidates in mains Objective Tests as well as the descriptive Test, an adequate number of candidates in each category will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. Candidates will have to participate in Group discussion which will be of 20 marks and also give a personal interview which carries the value of 30 marks.
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GD & Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion &Interview out of 100 for each category.
SBI PO 2016 apply online
The candidates from the General/OBC category need to pay Rs 600 for each application form. Candidates from the SC/ST/PWD category need to pay Rs 100 as application fee.
How to apply in SBI PO 2016 recruitment :
- All the candidates need to apply online on the website, www.sbi.co.in
- Click on the careers tab
- Then click on ‘Current Opening’
- Click on the link ‘Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India’
- The candidates are advised to fill in all the details in prescribed format only
Points to remember : SBI PO 2016 apply online
Go through the following pointers to know the detailed application process:
- Fore mostly, candidates will have to register themselves for filling up certain details like name,pan card number, mobile number , educational details email id etc.
- The email id entered by the candidates must be active throughout the recruitment process
- After registration, the candidates will receive provisional registration number and password through email or SMS which they can use for any future reference
- The candidates should start filling the details in the application form one by one
- Duly upload the scanned copy of the photo and signature in the required format given in the guidelines
- Make the payment of the fee in the applicable mode. After successful transaction, e-receipt will be generated.
- Lastly, submit the SBI PO Application Form
- Print the application form for your future records and reference.
Click on above link to apply in sbi po 2016.
All the best !
P.s- Soon we will post – How to prepare for sbi po 2016 , so keep visiting